First Baptist Church is seeking to hire a part-time, Interim Youth Director. This person would have responsibility for the ministries related to students in grades 6-12 and work directly with our Senior Pastor and Christian Education Ministry Team to plan, coordinate, and lead our Youth Ministries in line with the strategic vision of the church.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plan and maintain Wednesday evening programming for students in grades 6-12.
- Provide leadership (in-person or through volunteers) for Sunday morning Jr. High & Sr. High Connection Groups.
- Recruit, maintain, and oversee Student Ministry volunteers and leaders.
- Oversee the budget related to Student Ministries.
- Participate or recruit leadership for all other Student Ministry events and activities.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be a dedicated Christian with a spiritual life of strong personal discipleship, prayer, & discipline.
- Must have experience working with youth/student ministries.
- Preferred to have a college level education.
- Must be effective in planning, organizing, and implementing the programs within the defined ministry.
- Must be able to motivate, enlist, and sustain volunteers.
- Must exhibit leadership, administrative skills, and organizational skills.
- Must be an effective communicator.
- Most have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be a self-starter who takes initiative when appropriate.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to grow spiritually and professionally.
If you are interested in applying for our Interim Youth Director Position, please complete and submit the application below by August 28th.